The Habits Personalized Processes & Practices (P&P) Downloadable PDF Toolkits are designed for today’s ‘classroom’ — taking into account COVID-19 short-term disruptions and the long-term future of school.
Each beautifully designed, downloadable PDF toolkit …
- Reflects a range of learning situations so teachers can seamlessly transition between a virtual, face-to-face, or hybrid scenario
- Guides teachers on how to progressively move students so they can have more power over their learning
- Applies to a range of grade levels and subject areas so teachers can use them again and again
- Is the result of many years of sharing these practices and processes with educators to ensure their long-term, positive impact on student participation and engagement
You get a Toolkit with multiple practices and processes that’s clear, concise, and ready for use right away
- Explanation: a summary of what the tool is and its specific personalized learning attributes, elements, and Habits of Mind
- Purpose: rationale for why it’s impactful for both learning and learners
- Directions: illustrative strategies and steps for how to use it
- Suggestions to Personalize: more substantive opportunities to engage learners’ voice, co-creation, social construction, and self-discovery
- Learner Reflection, Teacher Reflection, and Feedback: suggested learner and teacher prompts to evaluate learning impact
Growing Metacognition in Our Learners
Want learners to become more aware and more in control of directing their thinking? This toolkit focuses on three critical processes: improving listening skills, strategies for problem-solving, and prompting questions to reflect on learning.
Using Rubrics to Guide Self Assessment
How can we bring learners into making use of rubrics to benefit their learning? How can rubrics become a trusted guide for learners to self-evaluate and improve their work? This toolkit focuses on how to grow learners’ capacity to become more self-assessing by examining and learning how to use the scoring descriptors in a rubric to improve their performance.
Designing Portfolios to Capture Learning
How can learners examine their work to tell the story of what they have achieved and where they want to grow next? This toolkit guides the collection, selection, reflection, and direction for your learners. Teachers can use it in conjunction with any digital platform.
Coaching for Self-Directed Learning
What helps learners become more self-directed and responsible for their own learning? This toolkit provides strategies that develop the learners’ capacity for managing, monitoring, and modifying their workflow — fundamental to self direction.
We continuously sift through effective processes and practices, adapt and generate fresh ideas, and create toolkits to guide contemporary learning. Check back late summer 2020 for these upcoming additions:
• Providing Feedback to Promote Learning
• Building a Classroom Culture